This associate level is open to students and graduated Naturopathic Physicians of CNME accredited naturopathic medical schools who are seeking the Vitalist certification (VNMI). The VNMI indicates your understanding of the clinical application of the healing arts and sciences of Vitalistic Naturopathic Medicine. For those Naturopathic Physicians interested in becoming a Fellow of NMI, this is the first step.
Vitalist Status (VNMI)
This program is a work in progress and is subject to change.
- Become a Vital Associate
- Complete Coursework
- Provide Letter of Recommendation, Essay and Case Studies*
- Be a graduate of an CNME School.
- Be licensed or registered to practice naturopathic medicine.
- 5 years in practice. Exceptions can be made in extraordinary cases. Click here for Letter of Exception Guidelines
- Provide 2 professional letters of recommendation attesting to the character of your practice.
- Submit 150-600 word essay: How is Vitalism Relevant to Clinical Practice?
- Submit 5 case studies (2 – 3 acute and 2- 3 chronic) that demonstrate vitalism within your practice.
- Complete an interview with a Senior Vitalist.
- Vital Gathering I and II**
- Required Vital Conversations***
- 13 Feb 2019 | Vitalism; Jim Sensenig, ND, Rick Kirschner, ND
- 18 & 25-Apr-2018 | Homeopathy Made Easy Thomas Kruzel, ND (2 hrs)
- 16 & 23-May-2018 | “GI Part 1 and 2” Jared Zeff, ND (4 hrs)
- 7-Jun-2017 | Physician of First Contact, Jim Sensenig, ND, Jared Zeff, ND, Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, ND
- 16-Aug-2017 | Emmuncterology I, Thomas Kruzel, ND
- 23-Aug-2017 | Emmuncterology II, Thomas Kruzel, ND
- 13-Sep-2017 | Hydrotherapy I, Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, ND
- 20-Sep-2017 | Hydrotherapy II, Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, ND
- 4-Oct-2017 | Infectious Disease without Antibiotics or Vaccination, Jim Sensenig, ND (2 hrs)
- 11-Oct-2017 | What’s the gut have to do with it?, Jim Sensenig, ND (2 hrs)
- April 13, 2016 | Vaccination Lecture, Jim Sensenig, ND
- June 22, 2016 | The Vital Force in Action, Jim Sensenig, ND
- June 29, 2016 | The Laws of Cure, Aviva Wertkin, ND
- Oct 12, 2016 | Genetics and Vitalism, Jim Sensenig, ND & Eli Camp, ND
- Dec 21, 2016 | Clinical Manifestations of Mineral Deficiencies, Jim Sensenig, ND & Aviva Wertkin, ND
* A waiver for cases, essay and letters of reference can be granted for NDs in practice 20+ years and known to the Senior Vitalists.
** Vital Gatherings I and II fulfill Level One Topics in the Curriculum. They can be purchased individually or as a package and all NMI Associates have a discount code to complete VG I and VG II.
*** All Vital Conversations can be accessed at no additional cost after becoming an associate of NMI.