Diseases of the Drugs with Christie Fleetwood, ND, RPh: Nervous part 1; Immune part 2
Prescribers—and de-prescribers—are you acutely aware of iatrogenesis? Iatrogenic disease literally means illness caused by medical exam or treatment and is the third (first, by some estimations) leading cause of death in the United States. Whether you like the drugs or not, write for the drugs or not, your patients are taking them! As naturopathic doctors, our 1st principle is “First, Do No Harm”. While herbs, physical manipulations, homeopathy, and any other modality we employ have the potential to cause harm, prescription drugs out-potential them all. The misuse of this one particular treatment option that is within the scope of many practicing NDs can be absolutely devastating. This series will provide factual edutainment and a look behind the hype so that when your patient asks, “Is this drug right for me?”, you’ll know how to respond with full disclosure. You can learn more about Dr. Fleetwood at Monarch Natural Medicine.
Recorded Webinar, 2 hours Pharm CE (OBNM, AANP). Cost $45
- Introduction, considerations, inclusion of chronic pain
- Drugs used for ADD/ADHD and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Drugs used for dementia and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Drugs used for smoking cessation and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Drugs used for chronic pain and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Drugs used for Multiple Sclerosis and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Immune system suppression, generally
- Q & A
DO NOT REGISTER here if you are a Vital, Professional or Student Associate of the NMI as these are included in your Vital Conversation series. For Vital Track with CE Associates, the CE for these sessions is included as one of your benefits. Vital Track without CE, Professional and Student Associates can purchase the CE at a discount from within your Vital Conversations portal.
Note: Aired on VC Aug 22, 2018.