Diseases of the Drugs with Christie Fleetwood, ND, RPh: Respiratory System
Prescribers—and de-prescribers—are you acutely aware of iatrogenesis? Iatrogenic disease literally means illness caused by medical exam or treatment and is the third (first, by some estimations) leading cause of death in the United States. Whether you like the drugs or not, write for the drugs or not, your patients are taking them! As naturopathic doctors, our 1st principle is “First, Do No Harm”. While herbs, physical manipulations, homeopathy, and any other modality we employ have the potential to cause harm, prescription drugs out-potential them all. The misuse of this one particular treatment option that is within the scope of many practicing NDs can be absolutely devastating. This series will provide factual edutainment and a look behind the hype so that when your patient asks, “Is this drug right for me?”, you’ll know how to respond with full disclosure. You can learn more about Dr. Fleetwood at Monarch Natural Medicine.
Webinar, 2 hours. Cost $45
- Definitions, scope, top drugs by sales and volume
- Drugs used for allergies and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Drugs used for asthma and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Stages of Inflammation as part of Law of Dual Effect to help explain Iatrogenicity
- Drugs used for COPD and the subsequent disease states caused by those drugs
- Drugs used for respiratory infection and the disease states caused by those drugs
- Q & A
If you are an NMI associate, sign in to receive your associate discount.
Note: This aired on VC Aug 29, 2018.